Reflection and Discussion Forum Week 7Assigned Readings:Chapter 14. Computer Support for Project ManagementChapter 15. Project TerminationInitial Postings: Read and reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Then post what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding in each assigned textbook chapter.Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion.Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Several years ago, the U.S. Congress canceled funding for the development of a battery-powered electric vehicle. Do you think that was a good decision? Can you imagine what the pros and cons were?
- Assume that you are working for a computer manufacturer as a software engineer and that you are told abruptly that your project will be canceled within 4 weeks. List the questions that you would have for management. After absorbing the shock, what would you do?
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. Postings must be in the student’s own words – do not provide quotes!] [Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
Activity I: As part of your company’s effort to select a project management software package, you have been asked to approach several other companies that presently use such packages.
- Develop a questionnaire to help collect the relevant information.
- Fill out two questionnaires, each representing a different software package.
- Compare the responses of the companies and select the best software of the two.
Activity II: Identify two projects in which you have been involved recently.
- Describe each project briefly.
- Suggest criteria that may have been used to identify the start of the termination phase of each project.
- Give two examples of activities that were performed poorly during the termination phase of either project, and suggest measures that might have been taken to improve the situation.
This is to be in narrative form and should be as thorough as possible. Bullet points should not to be used. The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length, Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins and utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to project management. The textbook should also be utilized. Do not insert excess line spacing. APA formatting and citation should be used.
Discussion Forum Week 7Research Coca-Cola’s organizational chart and organizational structure. Type a one-page paper describing Coca-Cola’s organizational structure and how it benefits, or detracts from, Coca-Cola’s strategic plans. After submitting your response in the discussion forum for this week, reply to at least two of your peers (200-word minimum each).