(1) Are immigrants needed to provide low-wage workers in the U.S. to compete with workers in other regions of the world?
(2) Do immigrants take on low-paying work that people here do not want to do?
You must submit your response no later than 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 24, 2021.
(1) The belief that the United States is the land of opportunity draws millions of legal and illegal immigrants to the United States. How do the materials in this chapter support or undermine this belief?
(2) In what three ways is social class having an ongoing impact on your life?
(3) What type of social mobility has your family experienced? In what ways has this affected your life?
(4) How is the Horatio Alger myth functional for society?
You must submit your response no later than 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 1, 2021.