Sermon Manuscript Instructions
You will write one 15-page sermon manuscript on Philippians 1:12–18.
The Sermon Manuscript must be designed as follows:
1. The manuscript will be submitted on Philippians 1:12–18.
2. The manuscript will begin with a title page in current Turabian format.
3. Pages 2–3 will be the Oral Presentation Worksheet.
4. Pages 4–15 will be the manuscript.
5. The Sermon Manuscript must utilize the supplied template and mirror the supplied model.
6. The sermon must follow the development of the Oral Presentation worksheet exactly.
7. Place the Oral Presentation categories in the left hand column, including descriptions for illustration and argumentation:
· Illustration: story, personal experience, example, natural analogy (type)
· Argumentation: fact, opinion, example, personal experience, cross-reference, other
8. Write the manuscript in the right hand column, single space, using Times New Roman, 12-point font. The text must be written as it would be spoken. Double-space between every paragraph in the manuscript to identify where the next section begins.
9. Each sermon division must be clearly explained.
10. Each sermon division must be clearly illustrated.
11. Each sermon division must be clearly argued.
12. Each sermon division must be clearly applied.
13. The sermon must concluded with action steps for the audience.
14. As you move from one sermon division to the next, transition statements must be clear, concise, and reinforce the main idea of the sermon. Transitions must also state where the sermon has been and where the sermon is going.