132132 unread replies.132132 replies.DISCUSSION 1 is based on course content from “Introduction to LGBTQIA Terminology and Concepts” and “Sex and Gender” ANSWER ALL THREE QUESTIONS BELOW AND INCLUDE CITATIONS IN EACH (CITATIONS SHOULD BE BASED ON COURSE READINGS:
1. Some communities have adopted what they call gender-neutral and inclusive terminology, such as the word “Latinx.” However, some individuals in the LGBTQ+ community find the term “Latinx” divisive and exclusionary. What are your opinions on the use of this term? Is it inclusive, exclusive, misguided? Why? (100 words minimum)
2. Summarize Judith Butler’s conception of Sex, Gender, and it’s “performance.” In your own words, in what ways is gender socially
constructed? (150 words minimum)
3. In your own words, describe queer theory. What types of things does it typically question/criticize/challenge? (100 words minimum)
Discussion Post Guidelines:
- (20%) LENGTH. See length requirements above
- (40%) COMPREHENSION. Demonstrate an understanding and application of the course readings and any other outside reading you may choose to use to answer the question. All discussion postings are expected to integrate information from at least one of the readings, class materials, and/or from an outside empirical or reputable news source.
- (20%) REFERENCES. You MUST cite using at least 1 citation per question. You should cite both within the text and provide a full reference at the bottom of your post.
- (20%) RESPONSES. In addition to your post, you have responded to two other posts by classmates