PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST———————————->
——There are two components to this mastery assignment: (1) a team exercise completed by you and your assigned negotiation partner, and (2) a written analysis of the exercise to be completed by each learner.
Unit 2 Exercise (Team): You will be placed with a partner to discuss a negotiation that you will be facing in the future. After reading “Exercise 4: Planning for Negotiations” (see p. 517 of Negotiations: Readings, Exercises, and Cases, 7th ed.) and required readings for the negotiation, present your thoughts about your own negotiation preparation according to the outline in the student manual and take notes of the feedback offered by your teammate. Take notes about your teammate’s presentation, offer feedback, and make notes about the feedback that offered. Be prepared to complete an individual follow up paper presenting and critiquing your own and your teammate’s original thoughts on negotiation preparation and the feedback that was offered.
Unit 2 Analysis (Individual Assignment): Prepare an analysis of your teammate’s and your own negotiation preparation with the feedback you have received and provided after you have completed the exercise, incorporating a minimum of three citations from course reading. Write this analysis from the perspective of what has been learned from the readings and how you applied these principles to the assessment. Note: Each learner must prepare their own analysis paper; do not collaborate with the other team members on the paper.
Conclusions must be well reasoned and supported with at least 5 citations from the course readings. The analysis should be a minimum of 750 words in APA format, excluding the title page and references. Be sure to follow the guidelines outlined in the grading rubric. The objectives for this assignment are as follows:
1. Describe and critique the original plan for negotiation: What was the original plan and the rationale for the plan? How was the plan critiqued by the teammate and what was the rationale for the feedback that was provided? What modifications will be made to the plan? Why?
2. Describe and critique the teammate’s original plan for negotiation: What was the original plan and the rationale for the plan? How was your critique of the plan the rationale for the feedback that was provided?
3. What guidance would you offer your partner for improvement when providing feedback when critiquing a negotiation plan? What is the basis for your guidance?
4. What guidance would you offer yourself for improvement when providing feedback when critiquing a negotiation plan? What is the basis for your guidance?
· Must prepare a quality, substantive paper that addresses the objectives of the assignment and the expectations set forth in the grading rubric.
· Use the template provided in Blackboard to help you structure your paper.
· The analysis should be a minimum of 750 words in APA format, excluding the title page and references.
· Use APA format – Refer to APA Style and the Online Writing Center resources in Academic Resources for guidance on paper and citation formatting.
o Conclusions must be well reasoned and supported with at least 5 citations from the course readings
o All external cited sources must have been published within the 5 years.