Consider your organization or another organization that has been affected by a cyber-attack. Feel free to research current events on this topic if you do not have personal experience with an organization who has been affected by a cyber-attack. Once you have selected an organization, answer the following questions:
- Provide a brief summary of the organization you have selected.
- What type of cyber-attack occurred?
- How did the organization respond to the attack?
- What were the impacts (or potential impacts) to the business?
- What were the costs associated with the attack? If you do not have actual numbers, what types of costs were likely involved?
- What did the organization do to mitigate the risk of future attacks? Did the organization change its processes or procedures?
- As a business manager, what are some additional recommendations you would make to the organization, from a business perspective, to better defend itself in the future? What steps can the business take to better support the IT (information technology) department’s security efforts? Explain.
- Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least two scholarly peer reviewed references supporting your answer. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
- Reply to at least two of your peers’ initial posts. These replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post’s answers. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Keep in mind that within your initial post, answering all course questions is required.
- Use academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
Be sure to support your statements with logic and argument, citing all sources referenced. Post your initial response early, and check back often to continue the discussion. Be sure to respond to your peers’ posts as well.