Ip1 4-5 pages
The planning for the community building session is almost complete. The last details are how to conduct the plenary sessions for sharing information across groups to develop key priorities and themes that will need to be addressed.
There are 2 sessions that need to be planned. One is to review the work done by intact work teams. In this larger session, the goal is to spot patterns and identify themes that can be used to plan actions. These patterns or themes will come from the stop–continue–start charts developed by each functional group. In this way, not only will the changes that need to happen be identified, but aspects of effective work (those things that work well and should be continued) can also be reinforced.
The external consulting team strongly recommended a “cross-functional, by-level grouping” for the first step. Their aim is to promote understanding of priorities and show how different issues at different levels of the organization can be aligned. The internal consulting team is excited about being the primary facilitators for these sessions. Everyone recognizes that a structured approach will be critical (for timing and to control decision–making inputs). The approach called Nominal Group Technique (NGT) seems to be ideally suited to this task.
You want to prepare yourself for conducting the session. Use the library, Internet, or other resources to research NGT. Because each grouping will be of a differing size, you want to tailor the overall steps of NGT to the situation you will facilitate. To do this, you must create a meeting session plan (a document of 4–5 pages) that will answer the following questions:
- What is the goal of the session?
- How will the nominal group technique be used to achieve this goal?
- How will the members of the team work together (guidelines for effective participation)?
- What specific steps and tasks will be involved in achieving the goal?
- How much time will be allocated to each step or task? What voting mechanism is most appropriate for the size of the group and the specific stage of the process?
- What will the outcome look like? What will the group present to the other levels?
Download a sample format here. Your assignment is to complete the missing sections (in red) and develop any additional participant materials or instructions to assist the group in completing the task.
Please submit your assignment.
Ip 2 3-4 pages
Using your current work organization (or an organization of interest) and a second organization in the same industry as the subject matter expert, research the elements of business, compare and contrast the two selected organizations, and prepare an APA formatted paper that:
- Analyzes the basic legal, social, and economic environment in which the organizations operate
- Analyzes the managerial, operational, and financial issues impacting the organizations including:
- Company Culture and Performance
- Promotion Policies
- Strategic Decisions Making
- Decision-Making Style
- Management Style
- Leadership Style
- Communication Style
- Use of SWOT Tool
- Operations Strategy Framework
- Assesses how the overall management teams perform in terms of the four functions of management.
- Identifies and explains the strong points of the managers.
- Identifies and explains areas in which improvements are needed.
Be sure to use a minimum of 5 external sources to support your analysis.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head and title in all capital letters.
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page, and it must be double-spaced between paragraphs. The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3–4 pages. In-text academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-text academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lower-case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the reference page is not a bibliography, but it is a further listing of the abbreviated in-text citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-text citation.
Please submit your assignment.