Hatsun Agro and Its Supply Chain Implementation
Due Week 6 and worth 100 points
Read the article “Hatsun Agro Product Limited Integrates Its Entire Supply Chain with IBM and SAP” and complete this case study assignment. Note: The article in PDF format can be found here.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Identify the issues and challenges associated with ERP implementation in the case of Hatsun Agro.
- Create a systems diagram to show the solution that IBM implemented for Hatsun Agro through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Explain the rationale behind the solution set forth by IBM.
- Determine and graphically depict the inputs, transformations, and outputs of the business processes impacted by the SAP Supply Chain module, and explain how it is integrated with the solution implemented by IBM.
- Determine the business values that IBM and SAP Supply Chain provided for the company.
- Speculate any future improvement opportunities with other SAP modules for this company.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the issues and challenges associated with ERP implementation.
- Analyze and describe the key process areas in ERP to include: marketing and sales, accounting, procurement, fulfillment, production, inventory and warehouse management, human resources, and material planning processes in ERP systems.
- Develop an ERP solution to address and solve a business problem.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in ERP.
- Write clearly and concisely about ERP topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.