You will be expected to:
- perform certain calculations discussed in the assigned reading in order to derive an answer for each problem.
- use Microsoft Excel to complete each problem and submit a single Excel spreadsheet that contains a separate worksheet (i.e., separate tab) for each problem.
- have each worksheet be clearly labeled to identify the associated problem.to show all calculations or other work performed to derive your answer(s) for each problem.
- have your spreadsheet be fully functional (i.e., configured to allow the reader to not only see all numerical values but also be able to see the underlying formula associated with each calculated value).
- to label your work in each worksheet to clearly identify the nature of each piece of data or calculated value.
No credit will be granted for problems that are not completed using Excel, for which your Excel worksheet is not fully functional, or for which you have not shown all of the calculations or other work performed to derive your answer(s). You may refer to the course textbooks, supplemental reading materials, online information, and your own notes in conjunction with completing the homework assignments. Once you have completed the necessary calculations to solve each problem and answer the associated questions, select the hyperlink provided to submit your Excel spreadsheet and report for grading.
Case Study Rubric (1)Case Study Rubric (1)CriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeData20.0 ptsExcellentAll the information and calculations are present in requested format (separate tab for data set and questions, working excel functions).18.0 ptsGoodThe Excel spreadsheet is missing 1 or 2 items.16.0 ptsFairThe Excel spreadsheet is missing 3 or 4 items.12.0 ptsPoorThe Excel spreadsheet is missing 5 or more items. Wrong data format.20.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeModel Estimation20.0 ptsExcellentModels reflect the appropriate choice of independent and dependent variables.18.0 ptsGoodModels reflect one incorrect variable.16.0 ptsFairModel reflects more than one incorrect variable.12.0 ptsPoorNo model or wrong models.20.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeEvaluation of Statistics20.0 ptsExcellentEvaluation correctly identifies and interprets all relevant statistics.18.0 ptsGoodEvaluation either incorrectly identifies or does not identify one relevant statistic.16.0 ptsFairEvaluation either incorrectly identifies or does not identify two or more relevant statistics.12.0 ptsPoorNo evaluation.20.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOrganization20.0 ptsExcellentThe Excel spreadsheet is very organized and very easy to read.18.0 ptsGoodThe Excel spreadsheet is moderately well organized but is a little difficult to read.16.0 ptsFairThe Excel spreadsheet appears to have some order. It can be read but is very difficult.12.0 ptsPoorThe Excel spreadsheet is poorly organized and unreadable.20.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAnalysis and Conclusion20.0 ptsExcellentShows a thoughtful, in-depth analysis of a significant topic. The reader gains important insights.18.0 ptsGoodThe information provides reasonable support for an argument. The analysis includes most of the important criteria. The reader gains some insights.16.0 ptsFairThe information provides a little support for an argument. The analysis is very general. The reader gains few insights.12.0 ptsPoorThe argument is not clearly identified. The analysis is vague or not evident. The reader is confused.20.0 pts
Total Points: 100.0