Continue your work to support the development and implementation of the new Service Department for Appliance Warehouse.
For this week’s assignment, be sure to refer to the Appliance Warehouse Resources: Organizational Staffing document and the Organization Chart created in Week 1.
In MindTap, review the Appliance Warehouse Case, and do the following:
· Read the Before You Begin Message and the Module 4-7 Appliance Warehouse Webmail Client Emails. Read the messages to help determine the tasks you must complete.
· Review and analyze the weekly Appliance Warehouse case study content and resources.
Create a 3- to 4-page document (to submit in Blackboard) that includes the following:
· Business Case Investigation
· Identify 4 employees you would interview to support your business analysis. For each employee, state the topic(s) you will use for questioning. The interview topics and responses will be used to influence your future design.
· A possible use case diagram for making an appointment and verifying parts availability
· Identify the users of the system and requests into and out of the system.
· Implementation resources needed for the project
· Identify people and hardware. Human resources may include internal or external resources.
Our new service manager starts work today! This is great news! As our business starts to expand, we must move our software project along.
You will need to talk to some of our employees to better understand the functionality and requirements for the proposed system. This is important because they are the key stakeholders of the system. You should make a list of employees who you will want to interview. I suggest that you learn the process for scheduling an appliance repair appointment and how the parts are obtained for those repair visits. Also, it is important to understand what reports that managers are hoping to extract from the new system. I find it is helpful to write down questions prior to your meetings so that you don’t forget the topics that you want to cover.
My suggestion is to write at least 10 questions per person prior to the meeting. Make sure that you use open-ended questions (at least 7 questions) to get the employees talking. You should also use closed response and range of response questions. I find that each type of question can provide valuable information and are quite useful in requirements gathering.
Please send the questions to me for at least two of the interviews. I’d like to see what you are planning to discuss. Thanks.
We have previously used both the Joint Application Development technique and the Rapid Application Development technique. However, many colleagues of mine swear by the agile technique. Each of these methodologies offer up some great advantages. Since we need to get this project done as quickly as possible, which of these techniques do you think we should use? I want to ensure that we’ve created software that will handle all of our users’ requirements and that it is a robust system.
I almost forgot to mention that you’ll want to also send a questionnaire out to the users of the proposed system. Did you want to send the questionnaire to all the users or do you want to do a stratified or systematic sample?
Please send your draft questionnaire to me before you distribute.